Sunday 21 January 2018

The dream I gave up

When I was at high school, I bothered what I want to be in the future. One of my dream was to be a person who restores an old western painting. Because I was good at to restore colors, interested in western culture and like painting.

When I was a child, I have been to Europe as a family trip. Although I had looked the western and oil paintings on the pictures or watched on the TV, it was first time to look the paintings actually and genuinely. I was very impressed when I looked them at museum. The real paintings were totally different from the pictures.

However,  only few people can get the job. I needed special high skills for the job such as knowledge of the painting tools and materials, restoring technique.One of professor who engages for the job of restoring a painting had invited me to enter to his university. It was few occasions and a big chance for me. I had considered what I want to do really and I refused his proposal. Because I did not have a confidence to engage the job and I thought I could not be. If I become, it would be difficult to earn a money for a living.

Although I went to the university relevant art, I hadn’t dreamt the job already.
I am not sure that it was correct not to accept the proposal. But what I can say one thing is what I did not try and escaped from the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.