Friday 31 March 2017

Postcard from...Kagoshima, Kyushu.

Sakurajima (volcano) from Kagoshima Port
Hi everybody!

I visited a very nice school here to give speaking tests to some very nervous children taking their Cambridge Young Learners exams. Although they were nervous, we did have a lot of fun.

When I had a spare moment, I walked around the historic part of the town and found the site of the old castle, as well as a couple of shrines and statues. I found out about the Namamugi Incident & the subsequent Anglo-Satsuma War in 1863...you know I like my history?!

I also managed to pop down to the port & catch a glimpse of Sakurajima. Fortunately, it was not erupting!

See you all soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.